Friday, April 9, 2010

Muskoka Boathouse


Muskoka Boathouse
Originally uploaded by sdelrizzo


OK ...Who ordered this crazy cold weather. Mother nature can be sooooo mean! After giving us that glorious spring-like weather all Easter weekend, my kids and I were very annoyed to have to search for mittins and winter hats again in the rush to get out the door to school. So, as I sit with my cup of hot tea, wishing wistfully for warm sunshine to toast me up a bit, I am thinking about warm summer days lounging on our dock at the cottage.
My mom aways has a count-down of sorts, that begins in late winter of how long it will be 'til we open up the cottage. Because of that I decided to do her a plasticine illustration of our cottage so she can hang it up in her house and have a piece of it with her all winter long.

Doesn't it look sooooo inviting and relaxing.....ahhhhh summer, I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Ann Crabbe said...

I love this picture that Suzanne did for my birthday.

It gives me great pleasure to gaze upon our little piece of heaven, each day, during the winter and tides me over until Spring.....when the water goes out and we can get across to the Island again.

Thanks again Dear....I'll always treasure this picture.
L & H
Mom

Rachelle Anne Miller said...

We are feeling the exact same way Suzanne... we need our warm weather back!

I am amazed at what you can do with plasticine - beautiful! Would love to be there right now.

BTW - I just updated my blog and added you to my blogroll :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Suzanne, this is exactly how I remember your family's cottage! Fantastic work, your site looks awesome!
Jen Pountney :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails