Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Logo Design


In my journey to cross over from artist-for-fun, to professional artist and illustrator, I thought I'd better get crackin' on a logo to use on my postcard mailers, stationary etc. So, since I am not a graphic designer, I thought I'd download the free trial version of Adobe Illustrator CS4 and give it a try. Wow....I have developed a bit of a love-hate relationship with that programme. What a huge learning curve! But I am proud to have stuck it out and persevered. Yeahhhh!! I now have even more respect and admiration for those of you out there who do digital illustration using Illustrator, or Indesign. :)
I have to say Illustrator is really cool and addictive too! And I just scratched the surface of it's capabilities. It is now on my wish list(my poor hubby just about fell over when he eye-balled the price).
I also had the best time finding funky fonts! I must tell you about a very talented hand lettering artist and font creator, whose fonts really capture a playful side that is truly unique. Crystal Kluge is one talented lady! She does the most exquisite wedding invitations and the most gorgeous hand-drawn maps. She has created some awesome fonts that she sells through Tart Workshop. I think her font really gives my logo the fun, fresh look I was going for. Thanks Crystal!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails